Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Keep or Return: BR Chloe Lace Dress (00P)

Hi everyone. I feel so out of touch to the blogging world this pass week due to my work load and a business trip to Fort Collins this week that I'm still in. I hardly could find time to call home, let alone checking blogs. I wanted to get this post out a lot sooner, but didn't get a chance until now.  I will keep it short, since I'm very tired right now trying to catch up on sleep. I don't know how people deal with traveling all the time. I certainly don't deal with it nicely.

This Banana Republic Chloe lace dress (00P) was a surprise find in the store when it was running a 40% extra off sale price two weekends ago.  There were two dresses left and one was a 00P. The sale price has gone down since then, but without the extra 40% it's still more expensive. The online site has very controversial reviews of this dress. 




Can't help but post a close shot at my baby again. It's just too adorable. :)

What I like:
-- Great fit with no need of alteration what so ever
-- Great length for petites
-- Very pretty lace/crochet
-- Great pure white color

What I don't like:
-- Very thin and delicate
-- On close inspections, the stitchings look cheap.
-- See through. It can be fixed by wearing nude bras and panties, but still bit too much for me.
-- There are two darts in the front and two in the back on the waist line. They make the fit look a bit weird when worn without a belt. The belt seems to fix the problem.
-- It's too expensive for the quality.

So what do you think? Shall I keep it or return it?

16 comments:

  1. I think its a return. The design of the lace is just so-so compared to the AT one. Fit is good but the shape of the dress is just eh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think the looks great on you, especially with the belt!  the lace pattern is very classy but if you don't feel comfortable wearing it or don't think you'll have opportunities to wear it, i'd say return.

    cute & little

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep a note here: Elle and Jessy voted keep on Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry, I know this post is about the BR dress, but I can't stop staring at your Chanel :D She looks even more beautiful in natural lighting. Ok, back to the dress... I can see this dress being a great layering item for more casual wear b/c it's so thin... not so much as a dress worn by itself. I would say return but perhaps rebuy it when it goes on further sale.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shape is great on you but if the quality is not there, return and keep looking for a better version.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The darts look fine in the picture, and I like the clean look.  The AT may be better, but if you can't buy it ... 

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like how it fits you, I think it looks great.  BUT you had a long list of cons there.  I say if you don't love it, return it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's an awful lot of cons...if it doesn't make you smile when you put it on...return it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's really pretty, but if how see through it is makes you uncomfortable, you probably won't wear it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks fabulous on you but I can see why you wouldn't want to keep it. I saw it in store the other day but didn't try it on. Also, it's still expensive even with the discount. It's not a every day dress for sure. I hope work is getting better for you. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the fit and look of this!  But since your list of cons is longer than the pros, I vote return.  Maybe you can repurchase if the price falls more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for all your comments. I have decided to return the dress. You are right, too many cons to justify keeping it. 

    ReplyDelete
  13.  Hi Vicky, the Marco Tagliaferri bag is a medium size.  I got it from hgbagsonline.com.  I like the dress on you but totally understand your reasons for returning it :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you, Quyen! Do you think the size works well on you? May I ask how tall you are?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh NO! You returned this dress? I thought its so pretty on you! Plus, i just bought it too Vicky!

    Now hmmnnn.. I'm gonna have to think about this!

    besos,MLI'm Back!Please come say hello!Twenty York Street Twenty York Street

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm 5'4".  I think from looking at my own picture it might be a *tad* too big on me.  BUT i can carry a lot in it so if i had to do it again i would probably still get the medium.  Marco Tagliaferri now has a facebook page with pictures of different leather washes and sizes and a beauuutiful light blue colored bag, though i'm not sure how to buy the bags that are on his site. I also read all of the posts on purseforum before purchasing it.  I got the medium at the time mostly bc it was on sale :-p

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...