Thursday, May 5, 2011

An Early Mother's Day Present

I am having a blogger's withdrawal recently. For one thing, I am a little sick of outfit posts. On top of that, I'm really caught up at work, so I don't even have time to read blogs. This gives me zero motivation and inspiration. My two little ones got really sick one after another and just got a bit better and both went back to school today. It's quite a big relief that they are almost back to normal.  Oh, guess what I got from my precious daughter after work today? A drawing of Mommy posing for an outfit picture. She told me it's supposed to be the image from the camera. I LOVE IT!

I couldn't get the scanner to scan the whole page, so I have to type it up. Here's what she wrote:

"My mom rocks! She is AWESOME! When she brings me to the mall with her, it makes me so happy. I love doing things with her, especially SHOPPING!!!! She is so good at almost everything. She really is the best!"

This early Mother's Day gift makes me very happy!

On a separate note, I discovered an awesome iphone app that I think everyone with a smartphone should have. It's called "Key Ring". It allows you to scan in all the reward cards that you have on your key ring so you don't have to carry them around with you all the time. I did that after dinner today and now all I have to carry with me is the car key and the remote control. How awesome is that! Best part, the app is FREE! Check it out!

Hope everyone is having a great week, and talk to you soon!

27 comments:

  1. OMG Vicky, this is soooo sweet!!! You must be so proud of your little girl :) I LOVE this!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and don't worry about being unmotivated, I think we all hit that point and one time or another. I actually haven't taken an outfit post in WEEKS! I have some old photos though that I will put up in the mean time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the app tip! I'm gonna try it after this.

    Hope all is well with your family and life! We all go through these stressful phases so you're definitely not the only one. : ) The drawing your daughter made for you is beyond adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Vicky!

    blogging is HARD :) i've only done it for a short time and i already feel it so i truly admire you ladies who have done this for months/years. big kudos!

    happy early mother's day to you. what a sweet girl you have! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww you have such a sweet daughter <3
    Advance Happy Mother's Day!

    xoxo, Bree

    http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so sweet of her. She did a great job with your drawing. Happy early Mother's Day to you, Vicky! Thanks for the app tips. I definitely will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your daughter is so creative!! I love the camera details she included!! Too cute! Love that she said you are good at "almost" everything! Too funny!!

    Thanks for the heads up on the key ring app.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the drawing! It's the sweetest thing ever. :) Hang in there - inspiration and motivation will return once your two little top priorities get better!

    petitemom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww, this is so sweet! I think Jasmine did a fabulous job with this drawing. It's so you, Vicky! Is that her running away in the background? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is sooo cute and so sweet! What a lovely mother's day present!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG so precious! Jasmine is such a doll!!! And the drawing...she did such an amazing job!!! SO SO SO SO ADORABLE- I want to hug her!!! LOL The sweetest thing ever! Thanks for sharing Vicky:)

    And don't worry- I get like that too but it's just temporarily (I hope)...hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for telling me abt this app!!! sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you @98d2cc412e45b6546ea5dc55ac44511a I am very proud of her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you, Jessy, for the kind words. Let me know if you like this app. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you, Sunshine! I have no idea how I last for so long. :) I think ultimately it was the readers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy early Mother's Day to you too, Syd! Petite LG

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know right? lol. "almost" was cracking me up too. Thanks, Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So true. Thank you!. @b48dabaf6215e65c26b263fa35b03427:disqus

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes, it is, Cee. I was wearing that Ann Taylor skirt I just bought and the leopard print Loft cardi. She was running away from the picture. (The requirement was that she had to draw herself in the picture, but she didn't want to. :))

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much Annie for your encouragement. I need that now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awww, your daughter is so sweet and what a talented little artist!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Mother's Day, Vicky! I read this a few days ago when you posted and literally gasped happily at the drawing. And take this as a compliment - it looks SO MUCH LIKE YOU right down to your beloved garments - the Ann Taylor Compact Doubleweave Utility Skirt and your LOFT leopard print ikat cardi. Jasmine is awesome. Can you please take a photo wearing this exact outfit so we can see a side by side, lol?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you, Jean. I know right? Also the one running off the frame is her wearing the pink coat and purple boots that you have seen before. I'm going to take a picture for the side by side, that sounds like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I totally get you - I also need breaks once in a while. Hope you had a lovely Mother's Day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy Belated Mother's Day!! Sounds like you had a great one! :) Your daughter's drawing is great, so much detail, especially the leopard print!


    I'm having blogger withdrawal lately too..only starting to catch up this week..!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...