Saturday, March 26, 2011

Review: Target GO International dresses

I must be really bored last week and felt like ordering some not so conventional dresses from the Target GO International collections online. No stores near me have any of the dresses in stock, so I took a risk and ordered 3 dresses online, with shipping cost (around $9). I figured I'd be happy if one dress is a keeper. It turned out to be a complete flop. I was so disappointed that I didn't even bother taking any pictures. All 3 dresses are already returned. Yes, I couldn't stand keeping them any longer in the house. I didn't think I'd write this post, but figured this would help some of you to make decisions if you are thinking of ordering them.

Rogan® for Target® Leopard-Print Shift Dress in Black/White XS


This dress is so sheer that it's completely indecent to be worn alone. Adding a slip underneath might help, but I don't feel like bothering. It looks flowy yet fitted on the model, but completely overwhelms me. Too big and shapeless. The 100% silk material is very nice and smooth and comfortable, so for a few seconds there I considered keeping it to wear as a night gown in the summer. I dismissed the idea quickly because I think it's ridiculous even as a night gown and for $40? Verdict made in a few minutes: RETURN.


Libertine® for Target® Striped Tunic in Green/Blue in xs


This one is too short for a dress and too long for a tunic on my petite frame. The puffy sleeves look ridiculous on me. The color doesn't flatter me. No matter how much I want to love it, it still looks sad on me. RETURN.

Behnaz Sarafpour for Target® Silk Georgette Lace Dress in Ivory (size 3)



I was most hopeful on this dress. It's so pretty on the model and very delicate in person. It's thicker than I thought. The dress is fully lined, and very well made. Unfortunately I ordered a size 3 (that was the smallest size available), and it's too big on me. The reviews on the Target website said it ran small, and suggested sizing up. But my experience says it's true to size and have a fitting problem with petites. It hits just above my knee on me and the fitting on the arm hole and shoulders are weird. Definitely not meant for people my height. Verdict: RETURN. Although this one was the hardest to let go.

Depressing as it was, I did get a kick out of the words on the tag of the leopard print dress. Twitter friends might have already seen it. I had a good laugh at it and hope you will too. Cheers!

12 comments:

  1. Hi Vicky, I am sorry that none of the items has worked out for you. I had high hopes for the last dress. I have tried several items from the Tucket for Target collection a few months ago and they didn't work out for me either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the review. I have looked at stuff from their designer collaborations but the sizing was always off. Too big even if its size small. Ah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blurb on the tag was too funny. Hehe Too bad none of these dresses worked out. I bought one that I thought was cute. I'm thinking of buying another online--though I wish they were in the store so I could try them on (and decide whether to keep them or not) and not have to pay shipping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww too bad none of them worked out. I was thinking the 1st dress might be easily slimmed to fit... but the need for a slip makes it a tad too fussy (and plus you already returned it so moot point). Better luck next time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had taken pictures though. I think I was just too disgusted and wasn't in the mood. Yeah, next time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Which one did you buy that worked for you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's hit or miss. I guess I now learn that I shouldn't even bother to try if there is no free shipping. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sydney. I'm thinking if I got a chance to order the size 1, I might even keep the last dress. It's really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Jonathan Saunders dress that had a vintage look to it. I haven't worn it out since Spring is kinda delayed here but will wear it soon. :) I want the Tracey Feith pink dress.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well more money saved right?? :) I have given up on Target clothes....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...