Thursday, March 24, 2011

PFC #6: Dress Up Your Basics

Update: Thank you all so very much for taking the time to read and comment on this post. For the fun of it I did a quick tally of the 3 looks. As of evening of 3/26/2011, I have 6 votes on #1, 10 votes on #2, and 5 votes on #3. #2 is clearly the winner. I didn't expect it, and really feel good about pulling that look together now.  Thank you all again.


Thank you, Jess from stylepint, for hosting this Petite Fashion Challenge!!!


The challenge: 
"Jeans and a tee is a classic outfit starter. Depending on what you layer over this basic pairing, you can change style and feel of the entire look. This is your chance to show your personality and your creativity. For this challenge, start off with a jeans and tee basic look (it can be any style or color) and dress it up to show off your personal style with accessories, jewelry, and whatever you’d like to add."


Click on the PFC button below to see how other petites take on this challenge.


I was very excited about this challenge, because I love to wear jeans and tees, and I love playing with this combo, a lot. So I did 3 outfits with this challenge. A little overly zealous, I know, but it was FUN!


The basic tee (Loft) and jeans(Gap). A bit boring, right?

1. Dress up with a jacket (Theory) and a nice little purse (Chanel). Instant glam! 



2. Dress for a party. Add sparkly to a basic tee by wearing a loose fitting sequins top (Loft) and a long necklace (Peri Cameo).
Add more wild element by putting a leopard print cardi (Loft) over it. Leave it unbuttoned to show off the sparklies. Add matching color ring. (Forever 21).




3. I like skinny jeans because I can wear boots over it. Add knee high boots (Via Spiga) for instant coolness.   Top off with military jacket (Loft) and a casual crossbody (Cole Haan). 



Readers, how do you think I did? Which one do you like the best out of the 3 outfits? I can't wait to see all the entries!

30 comments:

  1. I like #2...it's different from the other looks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love # 3. The boots are divine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job...I especially loved how you layered the leopard cardi over the sequins/tee...genius!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, Vicky! The outfit looks completely different after being dressed up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and Jean both have given us bonus outfits! Love it!

    My favorite is the animal print cardigan!! I love the sparkles and the cameo!

    I love the LOFT military jacket! It has been such a versatile item for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. #1 is a classic, #2 is unique, but #3 is my favorite. There's something about the casualness that I love. Great job, Vicky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. diggin' the boots! my my. you definitely rocked this challenge. a little sequin. a little animal print. ow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. #1 is my favorite! Love the glam of the black blazer and Chanel bag. And it's super easy to "throw" on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO many looks! My favorite is also #1. The different silhouette of that blazer plus your WOC is simply elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the leopard print combo<3 Very cute & casual : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the shape of that black jacket. you look great vicky.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favorite look is number 3! I love the look and practicality of skinny jeans with knee high boots! I also love the military jacket and simple crossbody! I am a college student and dress pretty casual, so this look would be most wearable by me. However, I also really love look number 1! I love the idea of dressing up jeans and a tee with a fitted blazer! That is definitely a look I would like to try out one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. you really know how to layer, Vicky!! my fave look is #2 with the leopard print cardi. and i'm drooling over your chanel purse too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love looking at everyone's entries for PFC but your 3-in-1 entry is especially fabulous! My favorite is #2 - the cameo + sequins + animal print - just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. my favorite is the theory blazer and chanel! simple but totally instant glam!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all your looks, it's so hard to choose! They each have a different style and personality and I think it's wonderful to have such great variety. =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. All of the outfits are great, but I have a soft spot for boots, so I pick three :) Love the color of those boots, and that heel!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love all three looks! But my favorite is definitely the second...love the sequin (haha I love sparkly things), what a fun way to dress up jeans and a tee! Great job Vicky!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG THREE looks? Wow Vicky, you did such a great job! I agree about the instant glam factor in your first outfit, and that sparkly T is adorable! I have to say I love the last look the best, just so chic!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So many outfits Vicky! #1 is most polished but I really like #2 too for more casual days. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great job Vicky! I think my favorite look is the sparkly tee, leopard cardi and cameo pendant - Seriously love!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really liked the first outfit the best. The t-shirt is totally not boring at all, I see a stripe of lace right down the middle. That sparkly vest is so awesome, wow it really tones down the casual effect with a simple tshirt underneath.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great combo ideas! I like the second one. While leopard print is on my want list, I like the outfit as-is without the cardi I like the look with the vest.
    Jen Hemming and Hawing Again

    ReplyDelete
  24. Vicky I love ALL of your takes on this challenge... I think my favorites are the leopard cardigan and the military jacket looks :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Really like all 3, but if I had to pick one I'd go for n.2 - I love how you dressed up your jeans. You look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hiiii I love your suede boot. Whats the brand's name and where did you get it? Its so adorable and very cute..as it literally looks cute on you!

    -zookie

    ReplyDelete
  27. I like #2 with the wild element! So far out of all the PFC I've seen, yours is different from everyone else's!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you, Zookie. The brand is Via Spiga. I bought it more than a year ago from Ruelala.com.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh Vicky..so adorable you are!!!! I am trying to catch up on all my blog reads and you are the first I have completed all the missing read posts since I left! LOL Love the boots and you did a great job! And the Chanel...ah.....gorgeous!!! I like it so much better than the half moon.

    Hey- can you check to see if it's made in Spain?

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh, Thank you so much Annie. I hope you had a great trip and welcome back to the blogger's world. :) The Chanel bag I got was made in France.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...