Monday, February 14, 2011

OOTD: Happy Valentine's Day

My photographer and tailor (aka, Dad)  is visiting my sister and won't be back until mid March. This means, fewer pictures, fewer posts, and in general unhappy Vicky.  But I have something to look forward to, haven't I?
Some good news. I managed to track down the Banana Republic Factory Store Tweed sheath dress that received sooo much love from the petite community recently at an incredible price. (See this dress here on Kelly,   here on Annie, and here on Jean. Thanks to Sydney who tweeted the sale and the additional 30% discount, I managed to call and located a 00P at a store in Indiana. BR Factory offers in store phone purchase and will ship to your house for a mere $5 fee. Incredible service. I started with my local outlet store in Wrentham, MA. They didn't have it. They looked it up in the computer and identified a couple of stores that might have it, in New York. I called both stores with no luck. The SA told me that the computer doesn't get updated that frequently so the computer and the real inventory might not agree.  I was about to give up. Then I thought of a random fact I read months ago about where petites live in the US (They are mostly on the coasts.) and decided to call a store in the middle of the country. I picked Kentucky and used BR's store finder to locate a store in Indiana.  To my amazement, I found the dress I wanted immediately. Husband is still laughing at my strategy.
How did you spend your Valentine's Day? I didn't do anything special. I did spend Sunday with my husband to get him suited up at Banana Republic Factory store. The store is having a suiting event right now and selective suits separates are $62.5 each, making a full suits only $125. These are very high quality 100% wool suits and if you have AAA card, you'll get an additional 10% off as well. I on the other hand bought myself two suit jackets for the spring, a white and a cream one. The fit of a 00P is very nice on me and you can't beat the final price on them -- $33.75 each, after AAA discount.

This is what I wore today:






Outfit details
Shell: Ann Taylor
Lace Skirt: H&M
Cardigan: J.Crew
Belt : Ann Taylor
Booties: Aldo
Coat: Ann Taylor outlet
Scarf: Chan Luu 
Necklace: Fine Jeweler

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! A suit jacket for less than $40 ... I'm so jealous!! You look so festive for Valentine's Day but I really like how you didn't overwhelm the red/pink theme. The blue color really suits you. =0D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicky, I am glad you were able to track down the tweed dress. I can't wait to see it on you. I am sure it'll look lovely on you as it does on other petites. Are you going to wait for your Dad to come back and hem your dress. LOL :) Happy Valentine's Day to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your BR factory deals are making me drool - can't wait to see them on you! I like your outfit a lot too, that H&M skirt looks perfect with your J. Crew cardigan...now I wish I hadn't returned the cardigan because it looks so great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your outfit.. that skirt is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look lovely Vicky! Yay on getting the BR dress (and your strategy was brilliant)! Too bad about your dad being away picture taking wise, but I hope you post pictures of your new dress when you get it ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...