Friday, January 21, 2011

Review: H&M lace skirt and Theory Barina Jacket

I was snowed in today, again. About 7 inches of new snow, on top of the 8 we had on Tuesday. What's up with the weather? Good thing about it was I was able to take plenty of pictures for my blog! I have bought two J.Crew coats in sea salt and they both came yesterday. I'm keeping one! Review coming up this weekend. Stay tuned.

This is a size 4 H&M lace skirt. Fits me perfectly. It measures 12.5 inches across. I have already whined about the inconsistency of the sizing, so I'm not going to repeat here. As you can see, the waist fits me very well, especially with two layers of tops tucked in. The length is just above knee, and it's perfect. I really like the make and the fit of this skirt. And the lace is to die for. See it on other petites in Alteration Needed forum.

Did you notice my new pumps? I love pumps, but they don't love me. I can't walk in literally every single pair of them that I put my feet in. This pair is an exception. I tried it on in Ann Taylor store during their 40% everything sale last week, and immediately fell in love. Nice thing was, I was able to walk around in the store, no problem.  Most of you know the quality of the Ann Taylor pumps. Leather upper, and leather sole. Super soft and comfy. These Cara Bow Pumps are accented with tonal leather detail which I find very pretty and unique.  (Orig. $178, purchase price. $60, not bad)

Next up, is the Theory Barina Jacket. I spotted this jacket in Ruelala's final sale last week, and tweeted about it. It was selling for $69.90 and the original price was $395.  (If you aren't a member of Ruelala yet, and need an invite, here is my personal invite link.)  I don't know if you guys have bought this jacket due to my tweet, but if you did, congratulations! I absolutely adore this jacket. The size 00 fits very tiny. What I love about this jacket is the non-traditional double breasted buttons that aren't aligned. The design made it so that if you button it all up, the front doesn't lay flat. It creates a rippled pattern, which I think is so unique.  What I also love about this jacket is how slim the sleeves fit, and the length is perfect because of bracelet sleeves. I can totally see myself wearing it over a T-shirt and a pair of skinny jeans. Since the picture was taken the same day, I just put it over the above outfit and it worked perfectly as well.

If you need more info about this jacket, let me know, and I will provide the item #.
Button only one button
Back view
Unbuttoned
I love it buttoned
See how the buttons are slanted, not perfectly horizontal?

Hope everyone have a great weekend, and stay warm!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...