Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Petite Fashion Challenge #5 - brighten your work wardrobe

Thanks Cynthia from Shorty Stories for hosting the Petite Fashion Challenge #5. Be sure to visit her blog to see all the other participants' entries.

The challenge: Create a sophisticated work appropriate look that has no more than one dark piece (it can be a skirt, pants, a blazer, sweater etc) excluding shoes, accessories and hosiery.

My go to outfits usually involves a lot of blacks and grays. This is a wonderful opportunity to wear something different. I went with the color "cream". You guys know I just bought a cream coat, and love it. Tells you my feelings to this color. :) And it's perfect time to break out my new J.Crew bell skirt. I am a new fan of the olive green color this year. Bought tons of olive green. To make this outfit more fun, I added the Ann Taylor leopard skinny belt, and Forever 21 camera necklace.


Then I got more creative and added this beloved faux-fur wrap from Banana Republic a few years ago, and never got a chance to wear.  I wore it draped with a belt and then wore it with one end tucked into the built-in loop. I like both look, which one do you prefer?





Outfit details:
Loft turtle neck (old)
J.Crew wool bell skirt (buy it here)
Anthropologie tights
Ann Taylor Cara Bow pumps (buy it here)
The Limited ring
Ann Taylor leopard print belt 
Banana Republic faux-fur wrap (old) 
Forever 21 camera necklace. (very cute! love it!)

1 comment:

  1. Skirt is too short for a women your age and body type.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...