Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Hi Everyone. I hope you had a great 2010 and are looking forward to more exciting things in 2011. My visit to my sister's is finally coming to an end and we have to drive back home tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to the long trip, but the idea of getting back to my regular life and sleep on my own bed is very enticing.  I have been pigging out since I got here and have gained weight obviously because fitting into my jeans are getting tough. Not a good thing. Annie from ReallyPetite was kind enough to get the lace skirt in size 2 for me from H&M and shipped out to me with my giveaway winnings (all Loft goodies), so I can't wait to get home and try them all out. Hope my recent weight gain is not going to affect me fitting into the lace skirt.
Most of the days while I was here, we stayed at home and just hang, but we did make it out to the Sarah P. Duke Gardens and Duke University Chapel yesterday, because the weather was so nice. It's great to be able to walk outside in the winter, but it's really hard to do so in MA.

Here is a load of pictures, enjoy. Oh, and yes, my husband is showing his face first time in my blog, and he's so excited. (I made up the second half of the sentence, hehe).
Me, Bryan, and Tristan
Duke Gardens

Duke Gardens

Tristan, Jasmine, and Benjamin (my nephew)
Duke university campus

My brother-in-law playing soccer with 3 kids in Duke University campus

Statue of James Buchanan Duke

Duke University Chapel - closeup

Inside Duke University Chapel

In front of Duke University Chapel
One other exciting thing I did while I was here in North Carolina was to meet my college roommate that I haven't seen since graduation. Within 5 minutes of meeting each other we realized that we both have a common hobby - shopping. Can you imagine how excited I was?

Ok, I'll be off grid for a couple days and will only check my email and twitter/facebook account occasionally until I get home.

Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a fun trip! I love the family picture :) Have a safe trip back....and no getting gas in NJ haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny comment about the weather - it was 48ºF on Friday, and 58ºF on Saturday here in southern New Hampshire. A lot of the snow has melted away and it looks like your pics from NC.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...