Sunday, January 23, 2011

DEAL ALERT: Banana Republic online extra 30% off and in-store 50% off sales items

I want to do a quick post on this incredible deal from Banana Republic.  It's a store that I had mixed feelings about.  I stopped by BR yesterday when I went to the mall to return some mis-fitting Ann Taylor purchases. Also Jasmine wanted some sweatpants. (She said sweatpants are comfy.)  The 50% off sale sign allured me in and I got some pretty good loot for only $3.01. (with my $20 savings card)

Here's what I got:
1. Pom Pom Hat (orig. $39.50, purchased for $5)
This hat is on sale for $17.99 online and additional 30% off. But in store, it was $9.99 and addtional 50% off. So I score it for $5.

It runs very small, but it looks so cute on Jasmine that I bought it for her. I can barely fit my big head in it. lol. See how it looks on Jasmine here.

2. Danni Braid Bracelet (orig. $39.50, purchased for $5.50)
This bracelet is very pretty in person. I found two in store and compared the length. They were quite different. I took home the smaller one, and it fit me perfectly. See how it looks on my wrist here.
3. Sebastian Geo-print Silk Tie (orig. $59.50, purchased for $12.50)
This beautiful tie is 100% silk and I just LOVE the deep red color. Score! Hubby was really happy to see it!

That was my store purchase and only $3.01 was out of my pocket.

Just when I thought I was done with BR, I got an email from shopstyle alerting me that this BR sweater was gone on further sale.  Naturally, I clicked on the link. The Textured Belted Cardigan was on sale for $39.99 (orig. $130). With 30% off online order code: BRWINTER30 (expiring today) the sweater was a mere $28. Oh, did I forget to mention 6% ebates on top of that? Click here for an ebates referral.

I tried this sweater on in store a month ago when it was still full price. I tried an XS on. (There was no petite sizes in our local BR). Surprisingly the XS fit me ok. Of course it was a bit long, but the shape of the sweater was forgiving. I liked how it looked on me, and so did Jasmine. But I just couldn't justify spending that kind of money on a cardigan.  (By the way, the weaves are just completely heavenly.) Guess who else was wearing a similar cardigan by Lauren's Picks and looked completely adorable?
Anyways, so it was just wrong not to get it with this price, right? right? right? Oh, you have no idea how much I had to justify before pulling the trigger. I ordered a size xsp in the end.
In order to get free shipping, I had to add one extra item in the cart, so I did some browsing. Finally I settled on this mini-skirt: (orig. $79.5, purchased for $18)
I love the non-conventional purple color and the incredibly beautiful texture. I ordered an 00P and hope it fits.
There. Total price was $46 with free shipping. You have to get to $50 to enjoy free shipping, but apparently it was BEFORE the discount. Hurray!

The online offer expires today, and that's why I'm hurrying to get this post out. Jean from Extra Petite also wrote up a post on BR online purchase, see her selections here.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, great! I haven't got mine yet. I'm crossing my fingers!
    You should do a post on those two items you bought. :)

    ReplyDelete

Check these out

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...