Saturday, December 18, 2010

Review: Little Black Dress from eShakti.com

I was recently contacted by eShakti to do a product review. I had never heard of this company before, so I went to their website and did a bit of browsing. eShakti is a very unique women's apparel store online that allows custom changes in the style of the garment – sleeve, neckline, length can all be changed by the customer to her preference. They offer the full size selection from size 0-26W and custom size as well. Their online store offers a large range of clothing items, from dresses, skirts, pants, to coats and jackets and accessories. The concept was definitely very interesting to me, so I gladly accepted the offer to receive a free product sample of my choice and write a review about it. 
I decided to go with full custom, because that's how I can test out their concept to see if it works or not. I order this Beaded Tulle and Crepe Dress.
You can then choose from "Standard Size" and "Custom Size". The Standard Size option goes from 0 to 26W. I checked out their size 0 measurement which was "Bust 32, Waist 25, Hips 35", and realized that their size 0 is still too big for most petites. No worries, their Custom Size option is only $7.5 extra, which is really reasonable considering how expensive alterations can go for.  Here is the list of size measurements you need to do for customization.  You only have to do the measurement once, and the information will be stored in their system. 
The order process was relatively painless, and here's dress that was sent to me. 





I'm overall very happy with this dress and would recommend eShakti.com to my friends.

Pros:
  • Quality of the dress is very good. No loose threads and crooked stitching.
  • The price is reasonable. The online price of this dress is $69.95. With $7.5 customization fee, this dress totals less than $80. For a party dress that fits like a glove, I think it's worth it.
  • Great customization. Not only can you customize the length, the waist, the shoulder width,etc, you can also customize the look. For example, you can add sleeves to this dress. The possibilities are endless. I changed this dress from knee length to above the knee, and you can change it to below the knee as well. To me that's a very cool option.
  • Never stocked out. 
Cons:
  • It took about 2 weeks for my shipment to arrive. Although it is by no means standard, and they told me it would take longer for product samples to arrive, shipping product from India can't be lightening fast.

I hope you enjoyed this review and check out eShakti for yourself. 

4 comments:

  1. The dress looks cute on you :) Nice choice! I'll have my product review from them up later today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick! I also got contacted to do a review, and decided to pick a coat because I was still fixated on coats at the time. The thought crossed my mind that maybe I should've picked a more form-fitted item like a dress to really see how well their customization works. I'm glad it turned out well for you and this is something you can use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review Vicky, the dress looks great on you. I was contacted too but haven't had a lot of time to browse the site AND I'm not sure how it will work for Canadian customers. With the holidays fast approaching I don't think it's on my priority list right now.

    Do you have somewhere fabulous to wear the dress to?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice selection! I love the chest details! It has been nice seeing the reviews of this company! I checked out the site...I love the shutter pleat jersey tank dress.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...