Thursday, December 2, 2010

Petite Fashion Challenge #4

I decided to enter the Petite Fashion Challenge #4 hosted by Curls and Pearls at the very last minute. Not because I have something real nice and fancy to enter, it's mainly because I feel guilty of withdrawing out of the #3 challenge at the last minute.  So for better or worse, I'm entering, so please read on.

Petite Fashion Challenge #4: Holiday Party
The challenge:Create a holiday party look using festive colours and/or holiday pieces without looking like a greeting card.  

I was sitting at the dinner table last night without any pictures of this challenge. Yes, I'm a procrastinator. When I mentioned it to my family that I didn't know what to do with it, my daughter chimed in, "You can wear a red dress!" she said. I have a red dress. I bought it for my wedding reception in Cleveland, and haven't worn it since. "Do you have a white coat?" My husband didn't want to feel left out. He's always so helpful. "White coat?" I asked skeptically.  What exactly can a white coat do? "Well, the color white is very festive and winterish." He explained. I do have a white down coat. Never wore it, still has the tag on. I can definitely try. My daughter then added, "You can wear a green scarf!" I do have a green scarf I picked up from Old Navy a few weeks ago.  So I was all set to try it out. Here we go:


Except the puffy coat, I think it's pretty festive. What do you think? The sandals are covered with sequins which is very holiday, party-ish, but the pictures didn't really capture it.

While I was uploading my work outfit yesterday, I realized that the outfit was pretty festive too. So I will share it here also:

Outfit details:
Shell:  JCrew grosgrain gather top. (petite 0)
Cardigan: Loft (old)
Tulip skirt: Theory
T-strap: Charles David (buy it here)
Pearl necklace: Sister's gift
Flower ring: Bass

Thank you Curls and Pearls for hosting this wonderful challenge. Can't wait to see all the outfits coming up tonight!

3 comments:

  1. You did a great job with both of the outfits!! Red is great on you! That scarf looks so warm and cozy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol... it's so adorable that your first outfit was a family effort! Glad to see you back for this PFC! I think the first red dress is great and the second outfit is definitely festive as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Little Nashua, I'm glad you get ideas from my blog. You have no idea how that comment made my day! :) Yes, that dress you entered for PFC#4 does go with the ruffle cardigan from Loft. You can totally rock it. Thank you for your kind comments. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...