Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!!!

Hello, everyone! Merry Christmas!!! I had a great Christmas eve spending time with my best friend Linda and her family. We feasted and played games. This morning, we opened presents. I spent the whole day getting ready for a road trip to visit my sister. Yep, I packed several of my favorite outfits including the gold J.Crew cardi. :) Since I'll be on the road for the next 2 days I want to do a quick post of my OOTD from yesterday.  No I didn't wear anything red or green, sort of having a festive withdrawal. :) 

First, the sweater from Express. I grabbed this comfy and stylish sweater jacket (orig. $79.90, on sale now for $47.94) from Express on my trip to the mall for a major J.Crew return last week. They were having a 40% off sale in store, and it was stackable with the $15 off $30 coupon and $10 GC from Express. I ended up paying only $23 for it.  It's size XS and fits me very well. The length is great in both front and back. You can either wear it open or with a skinny belt.  I love the scallopy shawl collared front and the back looks very flattering.



My Christmas gift from hubby - a flip camera.  Maybe that's a hint from him saying that I should start doing video posting in the new year??? :) I briefly tried it and loved the simply user interface so far.

A handmade bracelet from my daughter.

 A box full of "hug coupons" that never expires, again from my daughter.

The green necklace handmade by my daughter. I can't imagine how much time she spent making this necklace from these little tiny beads. Impressive.

I also got a Cole Haan cashmere scarf from my mother which I will do a separate post on next week. 

Outfit details:
Loft striped tee. (xsp, last summer)
Express shawl collar sweater jacket (xs, comes in 7 colors, buy here)
Loft skinny pants (00P, old)
Express necklace (old, similar here)
Black Onyx and diamond earrings (fine jeweler)
Coach belt (xs, these run tiny, I actually had to used the first hole since it was sitting below my waist)
The limited braclet (old)

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas, and talk to you soon!

10 comments:

  1. I love all of the homemade gifts you got from your daughter...too cute! That sweater looks really warm and cozy! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great holiday yourself, Kileen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You bought the same sweater? Did you do a post on it? I don't remember seeing it on you.
    You are right about the weather. We ended up delaying our trip till possibly Tuesday. We will get hit by a huge storm starting tonight, expecting about 20 inches of snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas to you and your family as well. One advantage of having an artistic daughter is that you will not be short of handmade gifts. :)
    You should definitely try the sweater on. I think it'll look very good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nope, I don't have the same sweater, just a similar cowl-neck type sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait, that made no sense. I meant to say, I bought a shawl sweater from AE recently and is still deciding whether to keep it, and your post makes me want to. Don't know where the cowl-neck comment came from!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your Christmas outfit!!

    Your daughter did an excellent job making the jewelry!! That was such a sweet idea! :)

    Glad you had a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you had a great Christmas! You look so pretty as always ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...