Tuesday, December 21, 2010

HOW TO: protect your suede boots

It's cold and dark and picture taking is getting more and more challenging. It's before Christmas sale time, and resisting the lower and lower prices are becoming futile. I found myself either shopping in the mall, shopping online, returning stuff that didn't work, ending up buying more stuff, price adjusting because the pretty sweater I just bought yesterday went on further sale, life is busy around Christmas. Wait, I still have Christmas cards to write. Doh!
Today I'd like to post a different topic. I recently bought several very nice suede boots and booties and I was really hesitant to break them out because I was so worried about them getting dirty. Then I found two magic products that will make my worries go away. You might even have one of them in your house already. So I'd like to tell you guys what I did to protect my boots. Let me start by telling you how easy it is, because I am not a Martha Stewart, and I don't like to iron. I like to keep my life nice and simple. And this is R-E-A-L-L-Y easy.

What you need:

  • Disposable Lint roller - This is a must-have item in your house. I use it to roll over my winter coat to make it look new instantaneously.
  • leather and suede guard - You can get it in Target, Walmart, or Payless Shoe Source.
What you do:
Lay boots flat
Peel off the Lint Roller cover
Roll the Lint Roller all over the boots.
Look how dirty your shoes can be.
Peel the dirty paper off.
Now you have a new roller. Do it as many times as necessary, until the boots are clean.
Spray the boots with rain/stain guard according to the directions on the can. Make sure to wear protective gloves
Dry for an hour before wearing them.
Enjoy your beautiful boots! Hope you find these instructions easy and useful. And share your thoughts and tips if you have any. 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for this post. I definitely need to protect my suede boots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very handy place of duty. Bookmarked. Credit on behalf of it! Well written article, i just finished bookmarking it for later. i’d love to revisit on future articles. how can i configure the RSS again? thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard that this type of spray can damage the suede on the boots. have you noticed anything like that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't. Make sure you spot test though, just in case it discolor your suede.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...