Saturday, November 6, 2010

OOTD: work outfit and LLBean coat

Before I do an OOTD post, I'd like to mention some major sales this weekend. GAP is offering 40% off all regular priced items in store only AGAIN (45% off for GAP card holders). See this post for my haul last time they made this offer. I have updated the Sales a Coupons page today with some other sales including Loft and Nine West. Just click on "Sales and Coupons" link on the top of the page.

We had a few consecutive rainy and dreary days in New England, so all the pictures were taken inside the house. I haven't figured out a good recipe for a good indoor picture yet, so bear with me while I continue my experiment for the next 6 months to come. I really love this necklace I bought during Loft's additional 30% off sale items sale. I paid $7 for it. I just love how cute it looks with this green shell that I also happen to love to death.

Outfit details:
Shell: Loft
Long cardigan: Loft
Skirt: Loft (a few seasons ago)
pump: Target
Necklace: Loft
Earrings: J.Jill

Now on to the coat. I got this coat as a present a year ago from my dear sister and never wore it. I love the rich red color of the coat, and I love the quality of the wool (it's 100% lambs wool). It's thick and supple. It feels so soft to the touch. The only thing I don't quite like about this coat is the fit. My sister got it from LLBean and the smallest petite size they offer is 4P. What are they thinking??? The fit of this coat feels like a 2P from Loft to me, but it is still too big for my small frame. BUT, it's warm, and its color is so pretty. I checked online and noticed the LLBean is still selling this coat. If you are a size 2P from Loft, I would completely recommend this coat to you without reservation.



Have a Great Weekend Everyone!!!

5 comments:

  1. I love the fall colors in this outfit! It looks simple and chic at the same time. It's nice to have a warm coat in a bright color, but I think you're absolutely right about that one being way too big on your frame. I'm sure a tailor could take it in for you but I have no idea how much it might add up to. Of course, since the coat was a gift from your sister it might be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the long cardigan looks really good with this outfit and it fits perfectly. the jacket does look a little bit big on you (a good tailor could probably help you out), but i love the nice red color!

    kileen
    cuteandlittle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your LOFT shell...I have it in two colors :) The color of that coat is great, especially for the upcoming holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great color combo! I love the necklace! LOFT has great sale prices on their jewelry!

    Red looks gorgeous on you!

    Hope you are enjoying your weekend! I am definitely enjoying daylight saving time! I was up before 7 on a Sunday! Unheard of! :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the red pop of the coat! If only it fits a bit better... but I'm sure it's great for layering! I love my twisted neck shell too... ended up getting both colors because it was sale for very cheap :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...