Thursday, September 23, 2010

Review: Loft Scuba Lean Trousers

Did I love these pants when I put them on in the dressing room! They were sooooo comfy, it felt heavenly. The fit was slim but less casual than tights. I didn't quite like the fact that it was "dry clean" instead of "machine wash", but I thought the fact that it didn't have the "only" after the words "dry clean" usually meant that I could put it in the machine and line dry. The original price was $79.50. I thought it was very expensive. I took advantage of the $20 off pants sale, and $25 off savings card, combined with other pants purchase, this one ended up to be around $26. Great deal right? I thought so, until I saw the pictures. Such horror!


The fit looks very nice from the front and side, but look at the back! I almost fainted when I saw the picture. I really couldn't see this view in the mirror. Now I'm really thanking my camera. One other thing that determines the fate of these pants is that when I took it off at the end of the day, I noticed that the seam on the outer upper left thigh had become undone. The picture shows (in the middle) a hole big enough for my little finger to go through. This pants is going back to Loft tomorrow.
Outfit Details:
Jacket: White House Black Market
Scuba Pants: Loft (buy it here)
T-strap: Target (buy it here)

8 comments:

  1. I agree with you, these pants weren't flattering on you. I tried them on at store the other day. They sure were super comfy but other than that, I didn't like anything else about these pants. They didn't fit me where they supposed to. Too bad about the hole. Although $26.00 was a great deal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, pictures sure do not lie. I'm glad you caught this even if the pants were only $26. Have you tried going up a size? Maybe the pants will fit better from the back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear....you're right those don't look good from almost any angle. I need to try my cropped scuba pants on and take photos from every angle to make sure I don't make a mistake in keeping them.

    Also does this mean you're keeping the T straps from Target? I returned mine last weekend but kept the gladiator sandals (and ordered another pair in black).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I decided to keep them, and I returned the other two pairs. I need a pair of gray shoes, but I'm not sure if these are the right pair. They are very stiff. I can wear them for half a day without any problem. But by the end of the day, they became very uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fit on the waist and legs are very good on these pants. Going up a size would be too big on me. I think the problem lies in the material. They are a lot like thick legging material, so it's comfy but way too revealing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great deal, but too bad they don't fit well and I'm so surprised the workmanship is so poor! I've never had seams come apart in clothing from branded stores before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's too bad.....they looked so great from those other angles........and I really don't think you should go up a size since they obviously fit your legs and waist. Since I've started blogging, I've noticed how helpful viewing my outfits in pictures have been.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...