Thursday, August 26, 2010

Petite Fashion Challenge from extrapetite.com

The Challenge:
Create an outfit for weekend brunch with your girlfriends. The outfit must include one garment that is typically notorious for being a petite "don't." Such garments include: dresses, skirts, or pants that hit at the scary mid-calf length (not cute, cuffed jeans...I'm talking real capris) or below the knee, maxi dresses, full A-lined skirts, or wide-legged pants. 


First of all, I want to thank PAG for organizing this challenge. This is truly a community event and I have been  so looking forward to it. The challenge is truly a challenge. There is a reason why the rules existed in the first place. To break it and look good, that's almost impossible. I finally broke down and said, I'm going to wear a petite "don't", but not bother with looking good part, then it got a bit easier. I know I'm cheating, but what can I do. 
So I'm wearing a very old (who knows why I am still keeping it in my clothing box) dress that hits at an awful mid-calf length. You guys be the judge.



Outfit details:
Dress: Vintage
Sandals: Aldo
Hat: Loft
Necklace: Swarovski
Bag: Coach


Don't forget to enter my Betsey Johnson Bracelet giveaway by clicking on the icon on the sidebar.

7 comments:

  1. I agree with PetiteXXS. If this dress can be hemmed to hit few inches above your knees, it would be a very cute summer dress. I like the black and white look

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the suggestions. I am definitely now thinking of hemming it shorter. The sleeves are a problem too I think. I am thinking of going sleeveless. I like the floral pattern too. That's probably why I haven't dumped this dress yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your input. I’m giving away a Betsey Johnson bracelet. Don't forget to enter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hemming is easy relatively. I'm hoping my dad will be willing to be the seamstress, hehe. Really you think the sleeves are good to keep? They even have some paddings on them too. Maybe I'll just lose the shoulder pads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PsychedforstyleblogAugust 28, 2010 at 2:49 PM

    Hi Vicky! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I had to laugh when I saw you in your strappy shoes... so cute! I agree with the other ladies about the hemming... I think it would be an easy tweak to an already cute look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh thanks for stopping by. :) Now you see what I meant. :) Hemming is on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, I LOVE your hat!!! So adorable! I do have to agree with the comments below that the dress can look even better hemmed. If you do decide to hem it, definitely do a before and after blog post!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...