Sunday, August 29, 2010

My relentless effort to keep a Loft skirt

So today I really need your help. I bought the pink version of the skirt I blogged about in blue in this post and I am really having trouble justifying keeping the pink one. I like the material, the make, the fit of this skirt, BUT, and it's a real big BUT, no matter how I try to style it, it looks blah on me. So here they are.
I first tried to wear it with a graphic T I got from the Limited that happened to have some pink colored flowers on it that matches the color of the skirt. Well, the match worked, but the black waist band really cut me in half. I don't like it.
Then I tried sleeveless black top. I added similar colored necklace and bracelet to go with the look. And I used the black pump I just acquired to complete the look. A bit better, but I don't know, it's still a blah to me.
Then I said, maybe I can wear it in the fall with black tights and knee high boots. My goodness, what a flop!
Change back to the pumps with tights. A little better. But still... I already look completely discouraged.

My last experiment: change it to a pair of low boots. Not quite.
Please cast your vote on keeping or returning. I'm on the fence right now. I'll sum up the vote and make the decision that way. Figure it'll be easier. Oh one thing I do need to mention is the price of the skirt. I got it for $20.99, (orig. $69.50). Thank you all!!!

*Update* decision is: Return!!!

9 comments:

  1. Have you tried it with a wide belt so that the elastic waist is covered up and doesn't "cut" you off?

    also, maybe try the skirt with another colour other than black. I think personally that's one thing I don't like about the skirt - I think this shade of pink is too soft to wear with black. Try grey maybe?

    If you're having so much trouble styling it I would say return it. Even if it was a great price, if you're not going to wear it it's a waste of your hard earned $.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vote to return..I don't love either color but the navy is better than the pink. Nice that we got to see your black shoe fashion show though! I'm so ready for black tights...I love how they elongate legs under skirts and dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say return. Don't keep anything you don't absolutely love! The navy looks better and you don't really need two of the same style. It's great to see such a variety of black shoes! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think if you have to try that hard, then it's probably a return... especially since you already have it in another color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure tried hard! It's simply a gorgeous skirts itself. But the color tune might be a little difficult to play with. A grey top, or as in your first try, I think adding a dark grey cardigan with a belt and tights should pull off a fall look. ( Not the coming week though :)).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it totally works with the thick black tights and boots or shoes so would vote to keep. I l love black with girly colors like this. Unless, it still doesn't convince you then return it.
    Let us know what you decide!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the tee in the first outfit, but agree with you that it's probably best not paired with the skirt. I think you should return it, since you already own the same skirt in blue, plus it's easier to pair with outfits :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you girls for all your input. I have tried a grey sweater with it, but it was horrendous. I'm thinking maybe the color doesn't work on Asian skin tone? Anyways, just want to thank you and let you all know that I have decided to return this skirt. Phew!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like this article! Will come again next time for sure, thank again

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...