Sunday, August 15, 2010

Loft and Express find reviews

I want to share some low quality pictures I took with my iphone in dimly lit dressing rooms last week. Take into account that my iphone picture taking skill (of myself to boot) is horrible.



This shirt is a great fit for me. It's a basic white shirt that I have been looking for. The only thing I don't like is the stiffness of the material. The puffy sleeves stay up when I raised my arms which is kind of silly. Will it soften after washes? I don't know. But if it's at a deeper discount, I'd get it.

Express Elite Stretch Ruffled-Front Shirt (XS)

 I love this shirt!!! I love the grey color, I love the ruffles (done just the right amount). Also this shirt is designed to fit every curve of your body. Very well made. It's at regular price of $49.50. A little pricey but they do have a lot of coupons online.

Loft Marisa modern trouser (00P)
This one is in store only. I haven't found it online.


Fits well on me. Might be a tad big on some of you smaller than me. The fabric and and patterns are great. I love the details in the back.

Beautiful silk dress in bright red color. Works very well with a brown or black belt. Fits true to size. Definitely recommend it.

And if you are smaller than me, which I know some of you are, check this shirt out at Express.com. They only have size XXS left. Good for the tiny people. :)

16 comments:

  1. I tried on the flutter silk dress yesterday in store. It's too long to my liking--couple inches below my knee. The material is not as good as I thought for the price. The online picture made me think the material is much more luscious and silky than irl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. I thought the dress hit at knee for me. You are taller than me, so it should be no longer than your knee level. I was trying 00P. Now I looked at the pictures again, trying to figure out the length, but due to the angle I can't really tell for sure. The material is thin, but I think it's quite nice. I just don't know about cleaning. I don't dry clean anything except for my leather jackets and dress jackets.

    Thanks for the feedback, Sidney.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What size are you wearing in the express tops? I didn't know if they are XS or whether express has XXS in stores.

    And I hope you are recovering from the sun allergy! I've heard a few asians with such an allergy and didn't believe it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wearing XS. Sorry I'm still not used to putting sizes in my post. I updated the post. Express has XXS in stores only on some items. This shirt doesn't come in XXS.

    Yeah, the allergy really stinks. I got it after moving to MA from CA. Go figure. I suspect that the smog was so bad in CA that it acted as a filter to the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Express ruffle top! I hope it goes on sale! It looks so similar to the Ann Taylor top!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, it does look similar. The differences are: Express top is more form fitting, looking at the two seams running vertical on both sides. In the back, they do similar tailoring. So it's younger looking than the AT ones. AT ones are more flowy and mature looking, I think. Oh, the price difference is also worth mentioning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Express ruffle top looks identical to the Ann Taylor top I really liked and posted about, except with sleeves! It's probably cheaper too with coupons too... too bad I'm pretty sure I would never fit into an XS :\

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just updated the post. (See the bottom of the post). Found a size XXS shirt that looks really nice online.

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome trousers and skirt really nice stuff! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not a petite size, but boy would I love those trousers in my size!
    Did you buy anything???

    ReplyDelete
  11. Express has some nice stuff. The red dress looks popping on you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all of the finds, very interesting design and they all look great on you. But the red dress is simply irresistable, so very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not any in my review. I have a habit of trying things on when they come out to see their fit. Then I'll wait for sales. Otherwise I'd be broke by now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you. I love it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know. Isn't it? I have a thing with red. I used to wear black and red all the time. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...