Saturday, July 17, 2010

White on white

I have thought about doing this look for a long time, I think since April when the air was still cool.  I thought at the time that I would pull out this beautiful dress and I would use no other colors but white. I delayed it week after week because of the scorching hot weather. I just don't see myself donning this dress for a whole day in the 90+ degree days. This morning, after waking up to another hot day (yes, 90+ again), I said to myself, "That's it. I am wearing it today." So I did. And it was off right after the picture session. Oh well, at least I had it on me for a few minutes.





Outfit details:
Silk dress: Heart Moon Star
Cardigan: Loft
Sandals: White House Black Market
Necklace: Swarovski
Belt: Vintage

8 comments:

  1. So very beautiful and tender! This dress is truly a great find, and the white looks so good on you! Besides, it can't stay that hot the whole summer (wishful thinking), and I'm sure that soon you will get a chance to wear this amazing outfit for as long as you want (I know what you mean about those several minutes photoshoots, it always feels rather sad when you put together a cool outfit but only get to wear it for just a short while, but at least there are pictures for all of us to enjoy!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely a beautiful and elegant piece! All the sweat definitely paid you well by the gorgeous look! I wonder what does it look like without the sweater?

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty! I don't think I can pull off all white, but you do it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Asta. I sure hope you are right about the weather. :) I'm about to have had it. The pictures are a great way to preserve memory, style for different ages. I'm hoping I would also enjoy looking back when I'm old. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Sahara. The dress is strapless, and the top isn't very flattering on me without something over it. That's why I put a cardigan on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Ciupa. Sure you can pull it off. Just give it a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all white! The belt adds a nice touch:)

    Be sure to enter my TLBC bra giveaway when you can!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you. You are giving away TLBC bra also? Fantastic. I will surely enter.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...