Friday, July 9, 2010

Relaxed luxury - washed silk

"Sometimes it's all about relaxed luxury. Washed silk and a feminine tie belt elevate a classic button-front shirt silhouette with a modern, long length. It's a sophisticated play on the tunic trend and a must-have for your weekend." I could say no better than BR website did. I bought it a couple of weeks ago in store and paid only $35. Online it's still $69.99. So if you like this shirt, check their store. I actually didn't get a petite size. I got their regular XS. Fits my shoulder very well. I wanted to be a little longer so I can wear it as a dress, maybe. But I realized that the only place I can wear it as a dress is inside my house. Still too short. :( Anyways, the shirt is otherwise very very nice. 100% silk and washable. I just washed it and hang dry. It retains its color, shape and drapery feel. The fedora was from last weekend's BR outlet haul. Actually my husband bought it for himself and I just borrowed it for the pictures. He told me it was a man's hat, but I think it works fine on me! :)
Even with shorts underneath, the shirt looks too short for a dress.






Outfit details:
Silk shirt: BR (Find it here.)
Shorts: Loft
sandals: Nine West
Belt: Vintage
Fedora: BR outlet (men's dept)
Earrings: BR outlet ($2.5 find from last weekend)

11 comments:

  1. Love the entire look, from head to toe! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm scared of baggy shirts because I think they'll swallow me, but that's a cute outfit. I think I prefer it with shorts, because without it's a little shapeless and kinda looks like you forgot to put on pants :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Ciupa. You have a great weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! That's what I like about this shirt. I don't think it swallows me like many baggy shirts do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!! I absolutely love your outfit!! Love the wedges! Amazing outfit I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much, Erika! You made my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went to the zoo today for the first time in forever. your outfit totally reminds me of a safari! :)

    http://playinghooksies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL. I didn't have that in mind, but you are right. It does have a safari vibe.
    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love this look, it is as if those pictures came from some 1930s fashion magazine! And the phraze relaxed luxury describes it so well! The shirt is truly a great find, and it goes equally well with shorts or just by itself as a dress, very chic both ways:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Asta. 1930s fashion magazine. I have to google it to see some. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. JsEverydayFashionJuly 20, 2010 at 11:16 PM

    Love this one! :-)

    http://www.JsEverydayFashion.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...