Saturday, July 10, 2010

Social protocol - seeking help!

My dear coworker and friend just lost his wife last week over cancer.  Some of us are planning to go to the wake Monday evening to show respect and give condolence to our friend in grief.  Question rose as to what is the appropriate attire for this kind of occasion.  I'm planning on wearing black, but I don't know if it's required. I think dark colored clothing that are not too flashy should be fine. Please provide your experience and opinion. All advice are welcome!!!

5 comments:

  1. Dark, formal attire should do. I feel bad for Walter's loss too. /Qiang

    ReplyDelete
  2. In India it is different. So cant provide you any inputs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have any experience for this here. But in general, Black always works, as well as navy blue, dark brown formal attire. Very sorry to know it's Walter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im sorry to hear. to my grandmother funeral i wore a pnk and brown dress it was pink on top and brown n bottom. I really dont think it matters as long as you show up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for the advice. I went to the wake today. It reminded me how short lives are.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...