Thursday, July 8, 2010

Resurfacing skorts

After reading "The Short Existence of Skorts (Skirt + Shorts)?" from fellow blogger petite gorgeous, I thought to myself, that's true. The skorts are totally extinct from the street now. I don't recall the last time I saw one of those things. In fact a lot of youngsters probably don't even know what it is. The idea is really good. It's a combination of shorts and skirt. It's much more practical than mini-skirt, which is cute but you have to worry about flashing others; and it looks like a mini from the front. So purpose served. I took out this ancient skorts of mine and decided to wear them for a day just for the fun of it. It's from Casual Corner Petite which went out of business in 2006.




Outfit details:
Top: Banana Republic (XSP)
Belt: The limited
Skorts: Casual Corner
Wedges: Nine West
Bracelet: Banana Republic
Earrings: Banana Republic outlet ($2.50 last weekend)

8 comments:

  1. Great bargain on those earrings : )

    The skort is not extinct! I recently saw some at "trendy" shops like Topshop, Urban Outfitters, etc. The difference is the back no longer shows shorts. It is a skirt all the way around but has shorts underneath, which in my opinion is better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wore skorts all the time when I was younger, so I tend to associate it with tweens. But I'm not opposed to the idea and I like what PAG said about not showing that there's shorts underneath.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really! Good to hear. I have two pairs of linen skorts with wrap around skirt that I have not worn for ages. I will bring them out to life also. :) Thank you Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll bring the skorts that wraps around out and post. I was never crazy about them, because they create extra layer of fabric and it just looks bulky. But it's been awhile since I wore it, so I'll give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am surprised that the back of your skort shows shorts. I don't think I've seen that before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now you have. :) You are probably to young to have seen it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a interesting one! I don't recall this style for adults. But I did buy lots of pairs for Chelsea. :) Very pretty top.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL. Didn't mean to look like a teen. :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...