Friday, July 30, 2010

DTTC and Portland (picture overload)

Some of my regular readers have been wondering if I fell off the surface of the earth for the past week. Rest assured. I am still here. I attended Intel's internal Design and Test Technology Conference held in the Oregon Convention Center in downtown Portland, Oregon. I had my point and click camera with me and occasionally requested that my coworkers take some pictures for me for the blog. The conference dress code was business casual, which meant different things to different people. The interpretation ranges from T-shirts and shorts to shirts with ties. Go figure. You can't expect too much from an engineering community. Bunch of nerds get together, it's actually kind of fun.

First day at the conference. I reused the blue top and white shorts combo with a black cardigan for warmth. Sometimes the AC can be brutal.

Some sort of time tracking machine? or it's just an another art decor?
Convention Center artistic decor
At breakfast keynote. The room looks much smaller in the picture. I was standing in the middle of the room.
Outside of the Convention Center



In the light rail (MAX) going downtown. Love the bike rack!!!
Willamette River (taken on the light rail)
Day 2: White blouse with pencil skirt. Very boring, but wait till you see it with the lanyard on. The outfit makes it look like a tie!


Love my hair in this picture. Doesn't the sun do wonders???
Working during break. (This was taken obviously without my permission. I looked completely too serious when I'm working, which has to change in the future... Mental note taken.

Downtown Portland Mall Walkway (changed to jeans in the evening)
Day 3. One of my old friends from Level One Communications (acquired by Intel) took me for a short ride to the Columbia Gorge just to the east of Portland. It's amazing to see nature trails and water falls just a few minutes from a busy downtown.
Cape Horn, there was a very tiny division between the road and the cliff. I can see danger here!!! 
Columbia Gorge Crown Point Observatory
Multnomah Falls
The city of Portland is a lot of fun and it's amazingly clean compared to Boston and New York. The light rail is super convenient and it's free inside the downtown zone. Boston needs to copy that model!!!

I hope you didn't get bored reading this post, because it's so fricking long. I hope everyone have a great weekend! BTW, Sunday is my birthday. I will be spending the day with my family at Tanglewood, the summer home of Boston Symphony Orchestra. Reason I'm going? Yo-Yo Ma is playing!!! I'm very excited to be able to see this legendary figure in person finally.

Finally, a video of Spanish Coffee making at Huber's in downtown Portland. It's quite intriguing. A recipe can be found here.

3 comments:

  1. We missed you! Looks like it was a good week and you rocked "business casual."
    Enjoy the weekend & your birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Ciupa! Have a great weekend yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Cape Horn picture is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...