Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Very purple, very nice

Today's outfit is not my wardrobe's usual color. I don't own a lot of purple, I guess it's because I didn't think the color looked good on me. When I saw the dress mentioned in Gigi's Gone Shopping, I was intrigued by the pattern and the color. By the way, if you like shopping and bargain hunting, make sure you check out Gigi's blog. There is an abundance of information in it. I really enjoyed reading them. Back to the dress. I read that there are some fit problems with this dress from a bunch of shoppers, so I couldn't bring myself to buying it online. I went into the store instead. They had my size and I tried it on. Perfect fit. My shopping buddy Rong said it looked like it was tailored for me. :) The dress is very nice by itself and required very minimum accessories. I put on a Swarovski necklace and a silver bracelet, and that was it. I couldn't believe how many compliments I got from friends and coworkers.
The dress is lined top to bottom, and its stitchings are fantastic.

It was so hot today that this cardigan turned out useless.



Outfit details:
Dress: banana republic
Cardigan: Loft
Shoes: Michael Kors
Necklace: Swarovski
bracelet: gift shop from Cape Cod

10 comments:

  1. Hey nice blog :)

    I love all your outfits..who do you get to take photos of you? I swear I need my own personal Photographer just for my blog lol :)


    http://perthfashionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Candice. Most of the pictures were taken by my dad. He's getting real good at it. :) I sometimes wish I could split up in two and take my own pictures. Then I get exactly what I want. :) Thanks for stopping by, all the way from Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for letting me know you got this dress. It looks great on you. I love it w/the brown shoes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Gigi. Keep posting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this color looks great on you, and I like how you combined it with the purple cardigan and cognac sandals! By the way, special compliments on the sandals - thay're absolutely fantastic and you wear them so well!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous dress, you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Asta, thank you so much. A compliment on the sandals from you is a great honor. I LOVE your shoe collection!

    Ciupa, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I specailly like the design of the front. The dress looks prettier on you than in store! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...