Monday, June 28, 2010

Turquoise and Chocolate

Happy Monday. Hope everyone had a great weekend.  I spoke too soon when I blogged about how the weather turned cooler on Saturday. On Sunday the thermometer shot up to 92. And this morning, when I dropped the kids off at Summer Camp, it was near 90 already. What's up with that?
I stopped by Forever 21 in the weekend to look around. Not that I had anything to look for, I just couldn't resist the temptation that it was early in the morning and no one was in the store. I practically had the whole store to myself. That is so unusual for F21. Usually when I got there, I felt I was in a chaotic zone where everything was everywhere, and I couldn't see anything that interested me. I just wanted to get out. I know, not a great shopper in that sense. I ended up buying a few things that I really liked, and it didn't break the bank. :) Today I am wearing one of my steals that cost me only $12.50. It's a dress, with cotton top and rayon bottom. The bottom part of the dress is lined. How nice! I really like the chocolate color and it fits me very well. The top part is white and sleeveless, and it's semi sheer. I had to wear a cami underneath if I want to wear the dress as is. But I decided to wear a shirt over it to solve this problem. I had this turquoise shirt for a couple of years. I got it in XXS Petite in Loft, (I usually wear XS Petite in Loft) because that was the only size left, and it was in super clearance. I like the color and the details so much that I decided to buy it. It's a tad bit short on me when I'm wearing pants, but it works great with this dress. I think this is the first time in my life that I'm wearing a shirt over a dress. :)



Matching Sandals from Target (a couple of years ago)

I love the Ruching on this shirt.
Outfit details:
Shirt: Loft
Dress: Forever 21
Sandals: Target
Necklace/Earring: Silent auction from my daughter's school
Belt: Gap

3 comments:

  1. So lovely! I just discovered Forever 21 - maybe a couple of weeks ago - and I totally agree, it's a great place to shop without ruining your budget:) Love the shoes, very nice color and are they suede? Look great on, and I have a feeling that they might also be comfortable:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asta, the shoes are leather. Merona from Target years ago when everyone on the street were wearing Turquois and brown combo. The fashion came and went quickly, and the shoes were selling for dirt cheap. I don't remember exactly how much I paid, but it was around $5-$10 range. It's extremely comfortable. The heels are low compare with my other shoes. When I put it on this morning, I felt like I was wearing flats. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3.  I really admire of this dress.  I mean it’s really looks very interesting. Very awesome! Fantastic list you put together
    here, and I like the others you have on your site. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...