Saturday, May 1, 2010

Doc Martens fashion challenge

This blog entry is in response to a fashion challenge: Doc Martens.


Tips and Tricks for Wearing Doc Martens

As far as advice goes, I don’t have much. That’s because Dr. Martens were meant to break fashion rules! Don’t worry about what you think is “fashionable” or “in style”, just rock these boots with confidence and you are set! That said, here are a few pointers:
  • Don’t be afraid to step (pun intended!) outside the box. Doc Martens come in a variety of styles, so don’t be afraid to try something other than the basic 8 or 10-eye styles. I think these floral ones would be perfect with a LWD for summer.
  • Mix it up. Don’t think you have to imitate Claire Dane in My So Called Life to pull these off. Dr. Martens work just as well with a classic striped shirt and basic skirt like Rachel Marie’s below:
  • Pull on and go. These boots go with everything: tights, skinnies, dresses, and even shorts. Don’t be afraid to experiment! Throw them on with one of your favorite outfits for an unexpected twist.
I bought these boots on a super J Crew sale more than 5 years ago. Never got a chance to wear it. I simply did not know how. Now, not only do I get an idea on how to wear it, I also know its name - Doc Martens. The dress is from Gap. I feel I'm about to go on an adventure now with this look.  Loving it. 




4 comments:

  1. The dress and Doc's are a great combo! Looks like you are ready to explore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicky,

    Thank you for sending me your fashion blog. It is fun reading and watching your poses. I do remember the boots. I bought a pair in brown color. It was probably the first winter when you moved to MA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Jun, right before JCrew went under different management. The good sales are now all gone. :( Have you been able to wear your brown boots often?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad I saw this blog. I've the same type of body shape as you so the pics gave a chance to see how the docs might work. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...